Its cabinet is laminated with a layer of laminate for maximum resonance damping. A 7mm MDF/3mm high density rubber/5mm MDF sandwich material is used throughout the cabinet enclosure to minimise vibration and external noise.
The bass driver has twin long-throw motor assembly drivers for 100% linear accuracy and control. Both bass and mid driver have motor system comprising twin-wound aluminium voice-coils which is thermally attached to the aluminium cone for complete minimum distortion and long-throw pistonic perfection. The mid driver features an underhung motor for 100% linear accuracy and control.
The Vifa Ring-radiator tweeter is used in the Reference 3 attached to the DXT® Lens assembly for ameliorated in-room response and dispersion matching up to the bass driver. All these features are united inside this closepacked, modern floorstanding speaker.
- Tweeter: 32mm ring-radiator tweeter with DXT™ waveguide
- Mid Driver: 110mm underhung magnet aluminium cone
- Bass Drivers: Twin 130mm ‘pure piston’ aluminium cones with twin-wound aluminium voice-coils
- Frequency response: 33Hz – 40kHz @ +/-3dB
- Power handling: Amplifiers rated up to 300 watts into 8 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 116dB
- Sensitivity: 90db for 2.83V at 1m
- Nominal impedance: 6 Ohms
- Total harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.3% 200Hz to 20kHz
- Dimensions including plinth: 990 x 260 x 360mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 32kg (single, unpacked)
- Finish: Piano black
Add products and discover special offers and discounts.