Terms & Conditions
'The Company'- electricshop.com. The 'products'or'goods' are items offered to the general public for sale and for use in a domestic environment, or items appearing on an invoice issued by The Company. 'The Customer' is the person(s) offering payment in exchange for products or goods or services from The Company. The following are Terms & Conditions for the sale of goods that will govern any contract for sale entered into through the electricshop.com website or telephone sales. Please read them carefully or print a copy for your future reference.BACK TO THE TOP
- The Company will only accept orders based on their 'Terms & Conditions'.
- These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- The Company and/or its agents will treat each order as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these Terms & Conditions. The Company's prices represent an 'Invitation to Treat' and can be amended or withdrawn at any time.
- The price and Terms & Conditions of Sale can vary from any other division of electricshop.com. The terms of sale and delivery charges may vary.
- The right to refuse the supply of any goods will be at The Company's discretion.
- The Term 'Special Order' refers to any products/goods not ranged by The Company or a product designed or altered specifically at the request of the customer. All 'Special Orders' will require payment in full before ordering.
- The Company accepts orders on the basis that goods are subject to availability.
- Any loss or damage must be reported to us within 5 working days from once we have confirmed that your order has been dispatched via email or phone.
- We may change our Terms & Conditions from time to time without prior notice. BACK TO THE TOP
- All products sold are of a technical nature and we are sometimes unable to give full specifications of all products. The Company will not accept responsibility or liability for representations made by a third party for products features or suitability for a particular use. (E.g. Manufacturers, magazine articles, Internet etc). electricshop.com staff are trained to explain features and benefits and are able to provide information if so requested, in relation to a products features and benefits. Images shown on the website are for illustration purposes only and may not be representative of the product. For further details, please contact electricshop.com on firstname.lastname@example.org. BACK TO THE TOP
- All prices shown are inclusive of VAT we reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The total price you pay for the goods will be stipulated at the point of payment. The Company is entitled to adjust the advertised price to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices, the imposition of any new taxes or duties, typographical error, or error in pricing information from suppliers. Should The Company have cause to adjust the price you will be offered the opportunity to cancel the order before the despatch of the goods.
- The Company accepts all major credit and debit cards (registered in the UK only). These include Mastercard, Visa, Switch, Connect, Solo and Delta. All payment methods offered are subject to change at any time. We can accept payment by cheque however we require cleared funds prior to any order being released. Alternatively payment can also be made via PayPal, Amazon Pay or Bank Transfer (an order reference must be quoted for all payments made via bank transfer).
- In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to the above (see condition 11) we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order submitted at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your payment has already been processed and we subsequently cancel your order, we will immediately issue a refund for the full value of the amount processed.
- Ownership and title in the goods will only pass to the purchaser upon receipt of full payment.
- All items offered are subject to availability and may change according to supply and also manufacturer change. If orders cannot be fulfilled due to shortage of stock we will call you to offer a suitable alternative model if possible.
- If a product becomes discontinued we will seek to provide the new replacement automatically, providing there is no change in price or quote to you the difference or suggest an alternative we have in stock of the same value should you prefer.
- If we are unable to contact you in relation to product changes, price changes or errors within a reasonable timeframe we will treat the order as cancelled and not process any payment.
- From time to time we may advertise discount voucher codes on various products or on order value. Please note: Only one voucher code can be used per order and not in conjunction with another voucher or any other promotion or cashback site. BACK TO THE TOP
- Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item within 14 calendar days of delivery (starting the day after you receive the goods). This is your UK statutory right. This will apply to your order unless you have purchased Video, DVD, Blu-Ray, Audio, Multimedia or Software where the item has been unsealed or personal care products or in-ear headphones / earphones, where for reasons of personal hygiene we are unable to accept returns except where faulty.
- If the order has been processed, but the goods not dispatched, a full refund will be given within seven days.
- If goods have been dispatched and you subsequently cancel your order, under the Distance Selling Regulations you must take reasonable care of the goods. It will be your responsibility to return these goods to The Company at Potters Bar at your cost (See our Refund & Exchange Policy - Clause 23). If the order is cancelled or returned where the product is not faulty within 14 days because an incorrect item was ordered (or if you simply changed your mind) we will not pay for the cost of returning the product or refund any costs incurred if we arrange a collection via our courires.
- Any order deemed to be ordered incorrectly will be subjected to a 30% restocking fee if the boxes have been opened, for products unopened a charge of 10% applies. If you have purchased Video, DVD, Blu-Ray, Audio, Multimedia or Software where the item has been unsealed or personal care products or in-ear headphones / earphones, where for reasons of personal hygiene we are unable to accept returns except where faulty. There will also be a charge to return the item to us depending on the product type and method of collection. This does not apply under the terms of DSR.
- If the items are returned without original packaging, accessories or instructions then the costs will be calculated and deducted from the amount refunded. BACK TO THE TOP
- The Company offer a twenty-eight day exchange policy (subject to conditions). As follows:
BACK TO THE TOP
- Once arranged, appliance collection or connections which are aborted or cancelled will still be charged. No refund will be offered.
- Under the 'Distance Selling Regulations' you have a 14 day cooling off period. The Company will not accept goods returned that are found not to be faulty or because the customer does not require them. This includes all mail order & Internet transactions that fall outside 'The Distance Selling Regulations'. Product cancellations after the 14 day cooling off period and within the 28 day period will be subjected to a 30% restocking fee if the boxe(s) have been opened, for product(s) unopened a charge of 10% applies provided the item is not a "Special Order" item. There will also be a charge to return the item to us depending on the product type and method of collection.
- The Company will within a period of 28 days exchange or refund in full any product that is found to have a confirmed fault or defect. This is subject to the goods not being misused or damaged in anyway. All products must be returned with all components (Instruction booklet, remote control, packaging, leads etc) and in the original packaging. Refunds & Exchanges will not be carried out until the product has been returned in its original packaging with ALL accessories & instructions.
- Thereafter, all confirmed faults would be repaired within the period and terms of the Manufacturers' warranty.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All refunds issued will be the same as the tender type, however if this is not possible a cheque refund will be raised via our Head Office.
- Please note for purchases made in our store the Distance Selling Regulations mentioned above do not apply and we are not obliged to accept any returns if there is no fault with the product. Any returns accepted would purely be at the Store Manager's descretion and we may offer an exchange or a credit note if the product is unused and sealed as supplied
- When you shop with The Company on our Internet site, all your financial transactions are entirely secure. Our secure server software encrypts all your payment card details. The process scrambles all the information, allowing no unauthorised third party to intercept the data. Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen. BACK TO THE TOP
- Please be advised that if you purchase equipment from The Company, your name and address may be used by Safeguard for marketing purposes. Unless required by law this information will not be supplied to any third party. Should you prefer not to receive such marketing information please advise us on email address email@example.com BACK TO THE TOP
All Delivery from electricshop.com is to the MAINLAND UK only * surcharge areas see clause 25
Deliveries are made between the hours of 7am and 8pm although occasionally deliveries may overrun due to circumstances out of our control ie. traffic.
- We offer the following delivery services:
In Stock – Available for Immediate Delivery, Express and Next Day Delivery Options available (for most products)
Free delivery to UK mainland on all items usually within 5-7 working days or sooner if express delivery is opted at the time of purchased and the item is in stock, some larger items may take longer. Express Deliveries are usually within 1 to 2 Working Days from the next dispatch day Monday to Friday (excludes weekends) i.e. If the order is placed on a Saturday or Sunday the next dispatch day for express delivery service will be Monday
For Next Day Delivery Service please call our sales team on 01707 802030 before 2.30PM (Monday to Friday), cost for this would depend on the product you wish to order & delivery postcode
Deliveries to Scotland, Wales and South West England may take slightly longer than the timescales shown on the website.
Premium next day service is available at additional cost, dependant on weight and stock status, and will be offered at the checkout if available.
Our Express Delivery services are NOT always available to the following postcodes: AB, DD, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA, PH, PO30+ and ZE. Express Delivery must be ordered before 1400hrs and is only available Monday-Friday. Orders for Express delivery made on Friday after 1400hrs will be made from the following Tuesday. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on this service
Available to Order – This means the item is temporarily out of stock. Delivery is subject to the manufacturer having stock. Our Sales team will contact to arrange suitable delivery date with you.
Pre-Order - If a product is available for pre-order it normally means it’s a new product line which is due to be released shortly, we are giving customers the chance to order in advance. Pre-order products are not normally available for express delivery. Pre-order for products can not normally be amended but we will attempt to accommodate your requests.
Our free delivery service is a standard delivery and covers most areas of the mainland UK.
PLEASE NOTE: Our couriers DPD offer the following Delivery Options:
1. Delivery to Customer Address (A signature is needed upon delivery)
2. Delivery on a day when the customer is available
3. Pick up from a "Pick Up Point" (local shops)
4. "Leave in Safe Place" (at customer's responsibility)
If you choose option 4 above, i.e. for the parcel to be left in a safe place, this would be purely at your responsibility and electricshop.com or DPD will not be liable for any loss or damage after the delivery has been completed.
- All PA
- All IV
- All AB
- All PH
- All KW
- All ZE
- All HS
- All BT
- All TD
Please contact us for pricing for delivery to these postcode areas, any online orders placed with these postcodes will be contacted by our processing team to discuss the surcharge pricing for the specific areas.
The majority of our deliveries are made by a courier and will be one-man only. This enables us to remain as competitive as possible.
Two Working Days notice is required if you wish to change or cancel your delivery once a delivery date has been arranged. You will be charged if insufficient notice is given. The cancellation charge can vary from £19.99 to £69.99 depending on the product and the delivery postcode.
Once you have completed your purchase we will forward your details to our third party carrier. For items in stock you will receive a call to book your delivery normally within 2 to 3 days, for special orders the timescale will differ.
Our Carriers have a scheduled route and it may be that they only deliver to certain postcodes on certain days. This will generally be the same route each week, therefore you will need to make yourself available on that day. If you are not available on the first date offered, we will offer you the next available date. Please accept our apologies in advance if the third party carrierâ€™s route is not the most suitable day for you. If you wish to specify a particular date, or request a date outside the schedule, we will endeavour to meet your request. This will be at your cost - price & payment will be quoted prior to delivery of the goods.
Please take this into account prior to purchasing our products, as once these items are dispatched from our warehouse the costs involved with their return will be with the customer.
Items will be delivered to a ground floor room of your choice providing access is available, unless delivered using our pallet service which will be to your doorstep only. All goods must be checked for damage on arrival of the couriers before signing for, otherwise we are not liable for any damage and the goods will not be exchanged. Any damage must be stated on the delivery note when signing.
On some occasions a courier service may not be available to selected postcodes for a few weeks in which case we will try to arrange a Pallet delivery service.
American Side-by-side units - Please note these units will delivered to a room of your choice providing access is available. The removal of packaging and / or doors will be at the driverâ€™s discretion and will incur a charge payable directly to a sales representatives by telephone at point of delivery.
Clearance and Re-packaged Items - delivery is made on a pallet service and therefore will only be delivered to your doorstep. Removal of an old appliance is not available with clearance or re-packaged items
If you have ordered multiple items from us we will combine your delivery, which may lead to a longer delivery timescale.
- The Company will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside of our control. Any dates we specify for the delivery of the goods are approximate only and The Company shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for the delivery of the goods.
- The Company will only deliver goods to the address on the order, and goods will not be left without a signature. An additional charge will be applied if the delivery is aborted due to the consumer failing to adhere to clause 25.
- Responsibility for the goods passes to the purchaser upon delivery.
- The Company reserve the right to refuse to connect or install any appliance if at any point they feel to do so would be a safety risk or where existing plumbing is inadequate, damaged or if additional parts are required. BACK TO THE TOP
- Major white goods and large screen televisions delivered by us or by our logistics partner must be inspected on delivery. Products delivered via a parcel courier please inspect within reasonable time in order you can communicate any damage to us within 48 hours.
- Failure to notify us within the timeframe in clause 30 means the company can refuse to accept liability for any damage to products.
- For deliveries made by Sprint Deliveries GB Ltd items must be inspected carefully at the time of delivery before you sign the Proof of Delivery to enable us to make a claim for any damage. We will not be liable for any damage if the Proof of Delivery is signed as clear. BACK TO THE TOP
If your goods arrive in a damaged condition, you must inform the company within 48 hours regardless as to how they were delivered. Notification can be posted to: electricshop.com, 27 The Broadway, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, Herts EN6 2HX or emailed to email@example.com.
- The Company will supply goods that are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the minimum period of 12 months from the date of delivery (or longer if offered by supplier). This guarantee specifically excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse. In addition routine maintenance (cleaning of dirty audio/video heads etc), consumables (styli, plug fuses, cables, batteries, etc) cosmetic damage and the tuning of channels is not covered, THE FULL COST OF THE SERVICE/CALL WILL BE CHARGABLE TO YOU IF NO MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL FAULT IS FOUND WITH YOUR PRODUCT. Upgraded DVD Players - Please note that the upgrade performed on our DVD players will be compatible with most DVD titles currently sold. New release of software in the future may be incompatible; in which case a subsequent upgrade may be required. There will be an additional charge for this. TFT LCD Monitors & Television - These displays are made up of thousands of pixels. For example a 15" flat screen with a resolution of 1024x768 has 786423 pixels. Each pixel comprises three sub-pixels (red, green " blue) making almost 2.4 million dots. Behind each pixel is a transistor. When a transistor fails it manifests itself as a bright, dark or coloured dot on the screen that stands out from the rest. Today's production techniques unfortunately cannot guarantee an absolutely fault-free screen display and buyers should be aware of the possibility of imperfections (in the form of a few isolated constantly lit/unlit pixels) before choosing to purchase a TFT monitor or television. Due to this there is a commonly accepted "tolerance level" by which TFT's may display such imperfections (or stuck pixels) without being classified as faulty. As such, we can only take back displays as faulty for refund/repair if the number of stuck pixels exceeds the manufacturerâ€™s guidelines. The number required for the monitor or television to be classified as faulty does vary between manufacturers. Please check with the relevant manufacturers as to their 'tolerance level'. This does not affect any other statutory rights you may have. BACK TO THE TOP
- All products comes with a minimum of 12 months manufacturer warranty.
- Where the product is under the standard Manufacturers' warranty, should a repair be required, customers are advised to contact our customer services team. We do not undertake repairs to items purchased from other establishments or items out of warranty.
- The Company reserve the right to dispose of any goods where no written instruction has been received within a ninety-day period.
- Failure by The Company to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the contract between The Company and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales. BACK TO THE TOP
- Why recycle? Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste. Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
- We can help - We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items. We use Appliance Care Recycling to handle our WEEE Recycling. To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
- The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis. Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com. BACK TO THE TOP
- Please note that we record and monitor our calls for training and quality purposes.
- If you have a complaint please contact our Customer Services team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Customer Services Manager
TVA Technology Ltd t/a Electricshop.com
27 The Broadway
Company Reg No. 9683249
E & OE (Errors & Omissions Excepted)BACK TO THE TOP