FAQ'sBACK TO THE TOP
- When will my goods be delivered?
- We aim to deliver your order within the timescales quoted in the ‘availability’ field. These timescales are provided to us by the manufacturers and may from time to time be subject to short delays. Where this happens we will be honest and transparent with you and inform you that there may be a delay. If you need your order urgently and don’t want to wait then we will happily sell you an alternative model or even cancel your order if you wish. To query a late order please contact us at email@example.com. BACK TO THE TOP
- Can you give me delivery time so I don’t have to wait in all day
We cannot guarantee this service as we deliver through various channels. Depending on who is delivering your order we might be able to provide some assistance. Certain courier methods may be able to arrange to call you within a period before they deliver to allow you to be at the delivery address. This may be subject to further fraud checks. Please discuss this with the operator when you are arranging delivery to see if this facility is available. Please note that our deliveries run between the hours of 8am and 8pm but may over-run due to circumstances out of our control. In some cases traffic may result in your delivery being later than expected.
BACK TO THE TOP
- What does product ‘availability’ mean?
- This refers to the manufacturer timescales in supplying the goods. Whilst these are usually accurate there can occasionally be delays which we aim to notify you of. BACK TO THE TOP
- My order status says ‘delivered’ but I haven’t received the goods
- Please note that some orders are delivered to you directly from the manufacturer. In these cases the order status of Delivered’ means that the manufacturer have received your order (not that your product has been shipped to you). You will be contacted and pre-advised of the delivery date by the relevant manufacturer so you can rest assured that a convenient time for your delivery will be agreed before your product is despatched. If you have any queries regarding the delivery of your products then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. BACK TO THE TOP
- Who will deliver my order and what service level should I expect?
We use a courier company for most deliveries of small items e.g. microwaves or vacuum cleaners.
For larger items, depending on the number of items in the order and the delivery address we will either deliver with our own facilities or use a national based courier company. At all times please note that this may only be a one man delivery to your door and that arrangements should be made to move the goods into your property.
BACK TO THE TOP
- I’ve forgotten my password, can you help?
If you find that you have forgotten your password to your online electricshop account simply select ‘I have forgotten my password’ from the log-in page and follow the instructions. We will then email you your password. Please note that for security reasons your payment details will be deleted when we send you a new password.
BACK TO THE TOP
- I haven’t received a receipt for my order
Please note that your order receipt email is also your receipt. Please print this off and retain on file for future reference. Alternatively your account history will log full details of your purchases. If you have not received this email then please email us at email@example.com with your order number, name and postcode and we will check that we have your correct email address and re-send it to you. If this still does not work we will happily send you a printed receipt.
BACK TO THE TOP
- Do you price match other retailers?
We don't think that you will find it cheaper elsewhere as we pride ourselves on offering some fantastic prices. If you have seen the price better elsewhere but would prefer to buy it from someone with our proven credentials then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to beat it. Please check that you have included any delivery charges from other retailers when comparing the total price.
BACK TO THE TOP
- When do you take payment?
We take payment at the point of ordering. This is primarily to reduce the incidence of fraud and detection of fraud which enables electricshop to keep our prices keen. Also we frequently have to make many special orders to many suppliers whom we have to pay on special terms. We aim to deliver to you promptly and therefore your money is only with us for a relatively short time at all times prior to delivery you are entitled to cancel your order.
BACK TO THE TOP
Payment and PriceBACK TO THE TOP
- When we take payment
- We take payment at the point of ordering. This is primarily to reduce the incidence of fraud and to help with the detection of fraud which enables electricshop to keep our prices keen. Also we frequently have to make many special orders to many suppliers whom we have to pay on special terms. We aim to deliver to you promptly and therefore your money is only with us for a relatively short time. At all times prior to delivery you are entitled to cancel your order. BACK TO THE TOP
- Payment Methods
You can pay by any Visa or MasterCard credit card or by Maestro, Solo or Delta debit card. In an endeavour to ensure that shopping on-line is secure, your credit/debit details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read your details as they are sent to us over the Internet. You may also pay by cheque or postal order if you wish.
Please note, we do not accept payment made by credit or debit card from foreign banks. If you attempt to make payment using such a card the transaction may authenticate however we will then refund the order to the same card in GBP Sterling. electricshop will not be liable for any differences in monies taken by the website and subsequently refunded where currency fluctuations have occurred. BACK TO THE TOP
- Competitive Pricing
- All our prices include delivery and are competitive, so how do we do it? We are Members of a buying group, who give us buying power of over half a billion pounds- that's how! BACK TO THE TOP
- Price matching competitors
- We don't think that you will find it cheaper elsewhere as we pride ourselves on offering some fantastic prices. If you have seen the price better elsewhere but would prefer to buy it from someone with our proven credentials then please email us at email@example.com and we will try to beat it. Please check that you have included any delivery charges from other retailers when comparing the total price. BACK TO THE TOP
- Errors on the website
We are human and can make mistakes. While we try and ensure that all prices and information on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Prices quoted in on the website or in catalogues, brochures, price lists and other advertising matter are only an invitation to treat and no particulars are binding by electricshop. All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal from time to time without notice.
Please read our full T’s & C’s BACK TO THE TOP
Cancellations and ReturnsBACK TO THE TOP
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item within 14 calendar days of delivery (starting the day after you receive the goods). This is your UK statutory right.
This will apply to your order unless you order Video, DVD, Blu-Ray, Audio, Multimedia and Software where the item has been unsealed or personal care products such as shavers or hair products where for reasons of personal hygiene we are unable to accept returns except where faulty.
Should you cancel the contract we will then refund you the price you have paid for the goods and standard delivery but not any service provided by us, such as a gift-wrap service or a special delivery service. You are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods until they are back with us.
To cancel under Distance Selling Regulations please either contact our Customer Services department on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the below address:
27 The Broadway,
Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receiving the goods back.
If an item has been used, or accessories are missing a deduction will be made from your refund.BACK TO THE TOP
Should you cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations as part of our Terms & Conditions it will be your responsibility to return the goods, at your cost, to the below address enclosing a copy of your cancellation letter, or returns reference.
Cancellation DepartmentBACK TO THE TOP
27 The Broadway,
DeliveryBACK TO THE TOP
- Delivery timescales
We will endeavor to deliver goods to you within the lead times that appear within the availability field on the product information page.e.g 5-7 working days (excludes weekends). Some larger items may take up to 15 working days. Special order items will have their expected delivery time clearly marked on the product page.
Those products marked 'In Stock'* can normally be delivered to you in approximately 5 working days unless Express Delivery is taken as an option ( this is chargeable). Any product that is either unavailable or discontinued we will notify you via email as soon as we are aware and offer you an alternative product.
Please note delivery of smaller items to the following postcodes will take between 2 and 5 Working Days:
EIRE, GY9, IV21-28, IV40, IV52-54, KW1-14, PA20, PA36, PA40, PH30-41, PO30+, RD1, TR21-25, IV41-49, IV51, IV55-56, PA41-49, PA60-78, RD2-4, HS1-9, KA27-28, KW15-17, PH42-44, ZE1-3
Deliveries to Scotland, Wales, South West England and areas north of the M62 may take up to 15 working days to deliver. If you need an item by a specific date, please call our customer service team for a delivery date. BACK TO THE TOP
- Where do we deliver?
Our free delivery service is a standard delivery and covers most areas of the mainland UK. Delivery Surcharges apply to the following areas:
Delivery Surcharges by Postcode and Item
Scottish Chargeable Postcodes:
AB - £29.99
PH - £29.99
PA - £29.99
KW - £29.99
IV - £29.99
Please note, that delivery to the following postcodes also carries a surcharge. Please call us for pricing on 01727 791188:
IV41-49,51 & 55- 56
PA20-34, 41-49 & 60-78
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DELIVERY CHARGES TO THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
S/Ireland BACK TO THE TOP
Problems with Your ProductBACK TO THE TOP
- Damaged goods
- Before you sign the delivery note, please make sure that the goods are unpacked and inspected when they arrive. Goods damaged in transit or shortage of delivery must be reported to electricshop within 48 hours from the date of delivery. Please email us at email@example.com with the full details or your order, the damage incurred and the serial number of the product as this will assist us to expedite the return of your product. In some cases we may offer you a discount to retain the goods if the damage is minimal e.g. cosmetic scratch on the side of a washing machine. BACK TO THE TOP
My AccountBACK TO THE TOP
- Forgotten your password?
- When logging in, if you find that you have forgotten your password simply select ‘I have forgotten my password’ and follow the instructions. We will then email you your password. Please note that for security reasons your payment details will be deleted when we send you a new password BACK TO THE TOP